Recipe: Japchae (잡채)
Summary: Japchae is a stir-fried noodle dish mixed with lightly cooked vegetables. The noodle is made with yam and it looks similar to vermicelli. It is one of most served dishes at the holiday dinners and wedding. You can serve it as a side dish or a main dish. Also you can make Japchae rice by simply putting Japchae on the top of rice.
- 8 oz Dangmyeon (yam noodles)
- Thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 thinly sliced sesame leaves
- soy sauce 3T
- minced garlic 1T
- sugar 1T
- sesame oil 1/2T
- pepper little bit
- salt little bit
- Soak Dangmyeon (noodles) in cold water for 1 hour until the noodles get softened. Drain water.
- Stir fry sliced mushrooms and other vegetables separately except sesame leaf.
- Stir fry the noodles and all cooked vegetables quickly.
- Put them in a big bowl and add sesame leaves.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar and pepper and mix them well. If it is too blend, add salt.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)