Summary: There are not many meat side dishes in Korea. Jangorim is one of a few meat side dishes. It takes about 2 hours to prepare and it will make your whole kitchen smell like cooked soy sauce, but it is definitely worth it.
- 1.5 pounds beef shank (or brisket)
- 6 eggs
- 1 green onion
- 1 bulk of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 green chili peppers
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Soak the beef in cold water for 1 hour to drain blood
- Boil beef, green onion, garlic, and onion in a pot with 4 cups of water for 1 hour.
- Boil 6 eggs and peel shells off
- Take green onion, garlic, and onion out of the pot and tear the beer off into thin strips.
- Add the eggs, soy sauce, sugar and jalapenos to the pot and boil them for 1 hour in low heat.
- Serve it as a side dish.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1.5 hours